Throughout this policy the terms ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to Jason Hicking, Turquoise IT, Jason Hicking t/a Turquoise IT or in short ‘Turquoise IT’.
The term ‘you’ refers to yourself as an individual, or in the case of businesses, as a company.
The lawful basis we use when processing information about you.
As a provider of services to you, we expect that in the course of business you will be contacting us for information about services, advice and quotations for work we carry out.
Given the nature of our business and the information we collect from you, we believe that we can use what is known as Legitimate Interest when processing your data.
Who is responsible for your data?
The Data Controller of all data held at Turquoise IT is Jason Hicking. You may contact him by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we gather information about you?
Information is gathered from you when you use our website’s contact form on the contacts page or when you choose to contact us about our services be that by email, in writing or by telephone.
What information is collected from you during your visit to our website?
During your visit to our website we may collect the following information about you:
- First & last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Your current IP address
- Details entered by you into the details section of our contact form.
What other methods do we use to collect information about you?
- The following information may be collected from you either in person, by email and during telephone conversations
- First & last name
- Email address
- Business name
- Telephone number
- Website URL or address
- Any details about your business that may be necessary for us to be able to offer a quote, advice or service to you.
- You have the right to refuse to answer any questions and instruct us about any information you do not wish to share
How is your information used?
The information gathered about you may be used may used in the following manner:
- To reply to emails or contact requests that you have submitted via the website or direct email.
- When providing you with a quote for a service or product that you have enquired about.
- Handling any entries into competitions that we my hold.
- To notify you of any changes to our service.
- When sending you requested communications or information that we feel may be of interest to you.
- We may, occasionally, use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email.
- When customising any content on our website to better tailor the information provided according to your interests.
How long do we hold the information about you?
As a business we are legally required to hold certain types of information to fulfil our legal and statuary obligations.
Your personal or company information will be held on our systems for as long as it is deemed necessary.
All data pertaining to general enquiries will be deleted from our system after a period of 12 months.
Do we share information we hold about you?
Due to the nature of our business, from time to time we may need to use associated companies, businesses and providers in order to provide you with the services we offer. For example we may require the use of a courier or external solutions developer. We will always ask your permission before we share your details with that company should this be necessary.
We will never distribute, lease, sell or share your information to any third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
How do we protect your data?
As a business we value the data that you provide along with the trust you place in us when providing it.
We are committed to ensuring that all data is held in a safe and secure manner.
To this end we have in place physical, electronic and business procedures to safeguard your data and prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of it.
These measures include encryption of data both during storage and, wherever possible, during transmission.
What are your rights?
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. This may be done by emailing your instruction to: email@example.com
- You are entitled to notify us of your choice to receive or stop receiving marketing information any time by sending and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may ask us to provide you with a record of any personal information we hold about you. If you request this information then we will ask you to supply appropriate evidence of your identity. We will usually accept a photocopy of your passport or driving licence along with an original utility bill showing your current address.
- Within the extents permitted by law, we may at times withhold personal information that you request under our legal obligations.
Cookies are small data files which may be sent to your device and used to streamline your experience when viewing our website.
They are also used when providing features such as sharing to social media, automating log-ins, as well as providing product and service recommendations that are more suited to you.
Most modern web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser settings to decline cookies for our site if you prefer.
Please note that in declining cookies from our site you actions may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and limit the features it provides to you.
Links from our site to other third-party websites.
The content on our website may contain links to other websites which we believe contain items of interest to you. Please be aware that when you use these links and leave our site we have no control over the content or operation of that site that you are transferred to. As such we cannot be held responsible for protecting any information that you may provide when visiting third-party sites.
Any external or third-party sites are not governed by the content of this privacy statement. As a visitor to third-party sites, you should read the privacy and policy statements on those sites.
Notification of Policy Changes
This policy be updated by us by changing the content of this page. We advise that you visit this page from time to time to learn of any changes and to ensure to that you are happy with them and the manner in which we collect and use your data. The contents of this policy page were last updated and made effective from 02 November 2018.
Do you have a complaint or concern?
Turquoise IT always aims to maintain high standards of security, accuracy and service when collecting, processing and using your information.
Should you have any questions, complaints or concerns then please do not hesitate contact us at email@example.com and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
If after contacting us and receiving your reply you remain dissatisfied you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office who acts as the governing body for data usage in the United Kingdom. Their website is available at https://ico.org.uk/